    My thanks to anyone who responds. Once I am clear on these points I'll be
    leaving behind my old 100MHz FSB mobo and joining you all in the fast lane!

    Iain

    Iain Robinson, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Iain Robinson

    S.Heenan Guest

    Iain Robinson wrote:
    > I've decided to buy a 333MHz Athlon (2500+ Barton) and I believe the
    > FSB & RAM are better to be in synch? Some points I'm still not sure
    > on;

    Sync is best with the Nforce2 chipset, yes.

    > -Is there any advantage in buying PC3200 RAM, to run at PC2700 speeds?
    > (would it overclock better?)
    > -If I ran it at 400MHz would it be beneficial, as it's out of synch
    > with the processor?
    > -If I ran it at 333MHz would it still be in synch with the processor,
    > as it's actually designed for 400MHz?

    Given the same brand and grade of RAM, price differences between PC2700 and
    PC3200 are nil right now. Either drop the RAM speed to 166MHz or raise the
    FSB to 200MHz. Either way, keep FSB and RAM speed the same.

    --
    Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement

    S.Heenan, Aug 2, 2003