    zvnteq7 Guest

    I have a new Compaq (HP ;) Presario SR5710Y, I'm worried about buying a
    brand that's going to konk out soon. Thanks in advance :)

    zvnteq7, Apr 20, 2009

  2. zvnteq7

    Ben Myers Guest

    zvnteq7 wrote:
    > I have a new Compaq (HP ;) Presario SR5710Y, I'm worried about buying a
    > brand that's going to konk out soon. Thanks in advance :)

    First, if the system has a 32-bit operating system and it already has
    3GB of memory, save your money. 3GB is the max supported by any 32-bit OS.

    Next, the required memory is DDR2. The required speed is PC2-6400.

    You could do worse than buy Micron-made memory from Crucial. Kingston
    and Corsair brand names are quite good. But, really, any memory with
    Micron, Samsung or Hynix memory should be A-OK... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 20, 2009