    mailscanner mixed with different versions of f-prot. And searching google
    on this brings up a lot of dead links.
    thanks for any pointers.

    tg, Aug 9, 2009

  2. tg

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    On 2009-08-09, tg <> wrote:
    > using a raq4 with Cobalt Linux 6.0 I'm finding it difficult to install
    > mailscanner with f-prot and get them working. I've tried the tutorial at:
    > http://www.qitc.net/support/mailscanner/
    > but that gives errors during the mailscanner install (eg: 'bad exit
    > from'...
    > and Bad file descriptor at /usr/local/f-prot/autoupdate line 283,
    ><TEMPFILE> chunk 1.) and the mailscanner service won't stop but gives
    > 'ERROR' - probably becuase it didn't install properly.
    > I've also tried the tutorial at:
    > http://www.iswitch.it/cobalt/raq4avtut.html
    > but that didn't work either. I get errors and failures with that too.
    > I've spent about a week on this so far trying different versions of
    > mailscanner mixed with different versions of f-prot. And searching google
    > on this brings up a lot of dead links.
    > thanks for any pointers.

    It seems to me that this is not hardware related, and not
    particularly even Sun related, unless this is the linux OS version which
    Sun shipped with the boxen.

    You might want to find a newsgroup or web-based forum which
    focuses on mailscanner and Linux to ask your questions.

    Good Luck,
    DoN.

    --
    Email: <> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

    DoN. Nichols, Aug 9, 2009