Rats! murdered my mobo

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Andrew K, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Andrew K

    Andrew K Guest

    I fried my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum KT400 with a faulty memory module. I'd
    like to replace it exactly so I won't have to deal with a possible Win XP
    re-installation that a diffreent board might require. Does anybody know of a
    retailer that may still have an old mobo like this....besides ebay?

    1. Advertising

  2. Andrew K wrote:
    > I fried my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum KT400 with a faulty memory module. I'd
    > like to replace it exactly so I won't have to deal with a possible Win XP
    > re-installation that a diffreent board might require. Does anybody know of a
    > retailer that may still have an old mobo like this....besides ebay?

    You might want to check the Soyo web site. I have seen older boards for
    sale there from time to time.

    1. Advertising

  3. DaveJ

    DaveJ Guest

    Frank Berryman wrote:
    > Andrew K wrote:
    > > I fried my Soyo Dragon Ultra Platinum KT400 with a faulty memory

    module. I'd
    > > like to replace it exactly so I won't have to deal with a possible

    Win XP
    > > re-installation that a diffreent board might require. Does anybody

    know of a
    > > retailer that may still have an old mobo like this....besides ebay?
    > >

    > You might want to check the Soyo web site. I have seen older boards

    for
    > sale there from time to time.

    I have one I will sell, $60.00 + shipping.

  4. BiG Orange

    BiG Orange Guest

    I put old hard drives on new motherboards all the time and Windows XP SP2
    works fine. I know what you are talking about from the old days, but this
    doesn't seem to be as problematic anymore.