RCHW for powerpc MPC5566

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by matrix13, Jan 30, 2012.

  1. matrix13

    matrix13 Guest

    Hello Community,

    I am new to PowerPC and I have the Freescale MPC5566EVB with me fo
    experimenting with MPC5566. I am using CodeWarrior with PENexus Micr
    debugger.
    My aim is to develop a code for FMPLL and store it in MPC internal SRAM
    Then I want to boot the device from the internal SRAM. I have two question
    regarding this.
    1. What is the configuration of BOOTCFG for booting from 'internal SRAM'?
    2. At what address should I specify the RCHW and how will I specify it i
    the linker file?

    When I am loading the code in Internal SRAM using debugger and executing
    the MCU is working properly. But I am not configuring the RCHW in the lc
    file. I suspect that the debugger is itself configuring the MCU for prope
    operation (please correct me if I am wrong). Hence my worry is that th
    same code won't run when I load it in the internal Flash since it won'
    configure the MCU properly.

    Please provide your valuable comments. Thank you.

    ---------------------------------------

    matrix13, Jan 30, 2012

  2. matrix13

    David Brown Guest

    On 30/01/2012 01:25, matrix13 wrote:
    > Hello Community,
    >
    > I am new to PowerPC and I have the Freescale MPC5566EVB with me for
    > experimenting with MPC5566. I am using CodeWarrior with PENexus Micro
    > debugger.
    > My aim is to develop a code for FMPLL and store it in MPC internal SRAM.
    > Then I want to boot the device from the internal SRAM. I have two questions
    > regarding this.
    > 1. What is the configuration of BOOTCFG for booting from 'internal SRAM'?
    > 2. At what address should I specify the RCHW and how will I specify it in
    > the linker file?
    >
    > When I am loading the code in Internal SRAM using debugger and executing,
    > the MCU is working properly. But I am not configuring the RCHW in the lcf
    > file. I suspect that the debugger is itself configuring the MCU for proper
    > operation (please correct me if I am wrong). Hence my worry is that the
    > same code won't run when I load it in the internal Flash since it won't
    > configure the MCU properly.
    >
    > Please provide your valuable comments. Thank you.

    You can't boot from internal SRAM. You can boot from internal flash, or
    the internal bootloader (for serial boot, CAN boot, etc., - I don't know
    exactly which ones the MPC5566 supports), or from external memory. But
    it doesn't make sense to boot from sram - there is no code in it at
    power-on.

    David Brown, Jan 30, 2012