Re: 2 problems with lenovov laptop TP R61

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Tom Rutherford, Jun 9, 2008.

  1. <> wrote in message
    > First, how do I boot WinXP into safe mode?, I just get this thinkpad
    > page that doesn't do the trick

    Pounding on F8 doesn't get it done? I guess it's never occurred to me to
    try getting into Safe Mode.

    > Second, the trial MS office 2007 has expired, and the the options
    > state I can activate the full version or uninstall the SW
    >
    > BUT:
    > There is nothing on the add/remove progs list to UI office

    Look under Start/Programs where the Office suite lives. That's the first
    place to look for uninstall options, not in Add/Remove. Some
    programs/suites may have special options or requirements not met by
    Add/Remove. I only go to Add/Remove if there's no option in Start/Programs.

    > I'd like to uninstall it and use an office siute of my own.

    Always good to be able to do that. One of the first things I did when I got
    my R51 series was to dump NAV. That did leave a few dingleberries that I
    had to scrape off with the Norton Removal Tool, but Microsoft's demo
    versions shouldn't be as sticky as Norton's. I think Symantec wants to make
    Norton a new religion or something. :)

    > They never make it easy do they?

    They don't seem to go out of their way to make it easy, that's for sure.

    > Thanks

    Hope what I offered was helpful.

    "She said it was either her or the ham radio. Over."
    (Reply-To address may be anti-spammed.)

    1. Advertising

  2. <> wrote in message
    > Many thanks for your time and kind response

    'Salright. Hope it helped.