Re: A7V333 Burn out....

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Marc Freedman, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. I had three A7V333-R boards burn at the power supply for the front USB
    connector. Each board lasted 3 months (almost to the day) of 24/7
    operation. I now suspect the "fixed" USB connector that came with the
    case. The positions of the wires in the connector did not match the
    board pin-outs. Why it took 3 months to burn I don't know. I left the
    connector off on the 3rd replacement and it has now gone 4 mo!

    Marc

    Marc Freedman, Oct 14, 2003

  2. Marc Freedman

    Chris Guest

    Definitley not the PSU. As green light still comes on etc.
    Not Graphics card, cuz I've tried that in another machine...
    When I plug it into speakers, it says
    "System memory failure" or something of the kind.
    Removing the memory changes nothing.

    ASUS support in the UK is non existant practically.
    :-(
    Chris.

    Chris, Oct 15, 2003