Re: abit boot problems

Discussion in 'Abit' started by marco, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. marco

    marco Guest

    Problem solved,

    the cooling unit of the cpu wasn't properly connected.
    Johan connected it and the pc boots.

    At this moment i have a question:

    what is a normal operation temperature for a cpu?

    thank you for your reaction.

    greetings Marco
    TomG <> wrote in message
    > you can always change the CMOS battery or clear the CMOS using the jumper.
    > look for failing capacitors as well. look for dirt contamination it the
    > heat sink or other areas of the pc. what type of board?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Thomas Geery
    > Network+ certified
    >
    > ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    > ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
    > This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
    > over 115,000 FTP users served!
    > ^^^^^^^
    >

    > "johan" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > My brother has some problems with booting his pc.
    > > The problems occured the last few days.
    > > The hardware hasn't been changed lately thus i think its something

    else??

    marco, Jul 29, 2003

  2. marco

    TomG Guest

    "normal" depends on the cpu. P3's likes to be in the upper 20's to low 40's
    (Centigrade) and of course, cooler is always better. P4's on the other hand
    run a fair bit warmer reaching the 60 degree mark or low 60's under a load
    and mid 40's at idle. those temps are typical and there are variations, of
    course. I only ran one AMD, an XP 1800+ and it ran much like a P3 for me...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com