Re: ABIT IP43 manual anyone?

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Paul, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Dumbo wrote:
    > I bought a GRADE B motherboard off Overclockers UK to test if my
    > graphics card was at fault or my motherboard (ASUS SE) and thus it came
    > board only. I built the PC up using some RAM I took out of this PC and
    > an Aquagate cooler I had previously bough for another project. There's
    > a red LED above the switching block lights up when power is connected
    > and another Green LED lights up when the ON button is pressed but that's
    > all I get. No signal to the monitor no matter what card I use even my
    > old trusty X850 PE and no beeps or error warnings. The ABIT site has no
    > manuals for the IP43 board and links to the IP35 boards keep timing out
    > (on an 8MB broadband line????).
    > Does anyone have a link to a copy or even a spare manual in case I am
    > doing something wrong.
    >
    > Please help.
    >
    > Robin
    >
    > ABIT IP43, 2x 1GB CMS2 1024MB PC6400 ddr2, Alphacool 850W PSU with all
    > 24pins connected on the main connector and 8pins connected to the CPU
    > connector and finally any choice of BFG GTX280, FORCE3d 4870 512MB or
    > ATI X850PE. There are no optical or HDDs fitted until I get it to POST.

    Did you know, that Abit is out of the motherboard business, as of
    the end of the year 2008 ? The motherboard you bought is now less
    than "Grade B", as it doesn't have a grade at all any more. Yes,
    there is still a three year warranty, but will their heart be
    in it (i.e. will someone answer the phone).

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainbo...ate_Reportedly_Set_31st_of_December_2008.html

    Looking at their web site, the results are a bit strange looking.
    For some reason, they didn't bother putting all the documentation
    for their latest motherboards. What their motivation for doing
    that would be, is unclear. Most companies put up a complete
    package, on the day they introduce a new motherboard model.

    Tigerdirect has an IP35 manual, if you need that one. But no IP43 manual.

    http://static.tigerdirect.com/html/manualslist.html

    Paul
    Paul, Mar 2, 2009