Re: ACER ALTOS 1200 - floppy?

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Sheldon, Jun 26, 2009.

  1. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    "Norman" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I'm mounting an Altos 1200 motherboard (M25C-2) in a case with 2
    > floppy
    > drives connected in serial
    >
    > Is there a way of getting the BIOS to see the second drive, B? Only A is
    > detected.
    >
    > BIOS has been updated to the latest version (m25cr5b4.zip)
    >

    > Thanks in advance

    I've seen this before. With floppies on the out these days, it's hard to
    find a bios that will accept two floppies. You may have to install one
    floppy internally and one with a USB. Or, it may be possible to get it to
    recognize the other floppy as another drive letter. Not sure why you or
    anybody would want two floppies in a computer these days. I have two in my
    desktop computer, but can't remember the last time I used either one. As a
    matter of fact, I'm pretty sure only one is recognized, but I can switch
    them internally if I need to. One is 3.5 and the other is 5.25, but I've
    been using the same case for years and just upgraded the insides.