Re: Advice needed: new laptop got wet from leaking roof

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Mike W, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Mike W

    Mike W Guest

    discovered

    dry

    the

    My concern if enough water got in to couse damage, the silicon crystals may
    not remove it.

    Compaq use to have an easy to open case, 4 screws along the base and some
    tabs hold help hold and align. If I owned the unit, I would open it, look
    for standing water, dump it out. Leave it open and have a fan blowing into
    it for a day or longer. Take the battery out first.

    Not confident enough to do that, find out how much it would cost for a
    repair shop to do it. Opening the case really no more of a issue than
    putting in a larger harddrive or new keyboard.