Re: agp motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Rodney Moore, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. Rodney Moore

    Rodney Moore Guest

    dilbert firestorm wrote:
    > anyone reccommend a agp 8x AMD motherboard with 5 slots?

    I am going through this exercise for one of my systems (older).
    You will need to decide which OS you are trying to target. If
    you Win2K or newer, there are more choices. Intel is really
    good on legacy support. You may want to look at the following
    CWC web page:

    http://www.cwc-group.com/motherboards.html

    I really like Newegg.com; but, they tend to support the newer
    socket types (not as much - AMD 939 or INTEL 478). Also, if you
    have a really good "Geek Shop" near you you may be able to give
    them the model number of a board you like and they can get it from
    the distributer.