Re: AMD "Evergreen" DX11 Card Backplate Photo

Discussion in 'ATI' started by me/2, Aug 17, 2009.

  1. me/2

    me/2 Guest

    On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 10:46:30 -0400, "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    :>http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1040/directx11_videocard.jpg
    :>
    :>2x DVI
    :>1x HDMI
    :>1x Displayport
    :>
    :>Given the rarity of CRT monitors nowadays, this configuration makes more
    :>sense than that 2GB Sapphire 4890 Vapor-X card I linked to last week.

    Hmmm, 3 slot card or no outside exhaust??

    me/2

    me/2, Aug 17, 2009

  2. me/2

    me/2 Guest

    On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 00:35:33 -0400, "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    :>It's a two-slot card. There's a half-sized vent next to the bottom DVI
    :>connector. It's similar to the backplate arrangement on nVidia's Quadro
    :>FX5800:
    :>http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/9253-nvidiaquadrofx5800.jpg
    :>
    :>I wonder if this means the HD5870 (or whatever it will be called upon Sept.
    :>10 launch) will be loud, thanks to the airflow restriction and associated
    :>pressure drop.

    Aha, going back and looking at that picture again I see what you mean.
    Hey these 64 year old eyes ain't what they used to be. :)

    me/2

    me/2, Aug 18, 2009