Re: Annoying message on Gateway monitor...

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Paul, May 13, 2009.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    EosBlue wrote:
    > My wife has a older Dell 2400 series desktop with a newer Gateway
    > FPD2185W monitor. The video card is a nvidia 5550 card with a DVI/VGA
    > output. Regardless of which output is connected (DVI or VGA), on boot
    > up, we get an VERY annoying message in the center of the screen that
    > says in block letters, either VGA OR DVI in a blue box. This message
    > remains on the screen for a couple of minutes or so and then disappears.
    > The box reappears when the computer comes out of "sleep". Basically,
    > it appears everytime the monitor is reactivated.
    >
    > I don't know if this message is a function of the monitor or the nvidia
    > card or perhaps even the computer. The computer came with a onboard
    > video card that we are not using.
    >
    > If ANYONE has ever seen this message and knows how to turn it off, I
    > certainly would appreciate hearing about it.

    My guess would be, the monitor has a "picture within picture" or PIP
    capability, and it needs to be turned off. The blue box could be
    highlighting where the PIP would show up, if it existed.

    http://support.gateway.com/s/manuals/Desktops/8511026.pdf

    Paul
    Paul, May 13, 2009