Re: Antec Basiq 500 Watt ATX Power Supply/PSU (BP500U) making loud noises?

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Arno, Sep 11, 2010.

  1. Arno

    Arno Guest

    In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc Ant <> wrote:
    > I forgot to mention that this PC is on 24/7. It is rarely powered down
    > except for repairs. I do reboot once in a while though. Maybe I should
    > try shutting down and powering on when the noises return? I doubt that
    > will do anything.

    Will not realy help. It will just return. The only fix is to get
    a new fan, with or without attached new PSU. One a bearing is
    shot, there really is no way to repair it except melting it down
    and making a new one from the metal.

    Arno

    --
    Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email:
    ----