Re: Blade 1000 boot disk?

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by DoN. Nichols, Dec 28, 2009.

  1. DoN. Nichols

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    On 2009-12-28, Raymond Toy <> wrote:
    > Raymond Toy wrote:
    >> I'm not really interested in getting another FC drive, so what options

    > Well, I see relatively inexpensive Sun FC drives on ebay, so perhaps
    > this is one option. But an external USB drive (and maybe DVD burner)
    > might be nicer since USB drives are easy to get. (But perhaps the USB
    > interface is too slow to be acceptable.)

    Certainly the one which comes on the SB-1000/SB-2000 is. It is
    a USB 1.3 (or is that 1.2?), not a 2.0. To get a 2.0 speed, you need a
    card which comes with the Sun Blade [12]500, not the Sun Blade [12]000.
    (It can be put in a SB-2000, as I have one in mine.) It also offers
    some faster FireWire ports, which are probably better than the USB even
    if you have USB 2.0.)

    Good luck,
    DoN.

    --
    Email: <> | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

    DoN. Nichols, Dec 28, 2009