Re: Bye, bye Epox

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Peter van der Goes, May 10, 2008.

  1. "Lee M." <lmacmil@forget_it.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The only 2 websites still up are the USA and Russia sites. Downloads from
    > the USA site do not work. Fortuanately, I got the driver disk for the
    > 8RDA3+ Pro I just bought on Ebay.

    It's been "dead man walking" for quite some time. It's a shame, but the
    first hints came several years ago when physical presence was removed from
    the US and tech support was farmed out to a third party. Then, I could no
    longer find Epox products at local outlets or computer shows. I remember the
    "good ol'" days of the dedicated news server and the great boards they made
    back in the K6, and early Athlon days. I never had an Epox board I didn't
    like.

    With apologies to Wm. S. : Alas, poor Epox, I knew him well.
    Peter van der Goes, May 10, 2008