Re: Chaintech CT-7NJL6 Locks up

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by Guy, Dec 15, 2005.

  1. Guy

    Guy Guest

    Before you go blow cash on more new hardware, let's make sure all you
    motherboard BIOS settings are stable.

    Can you access BIOS? You will need to go through your manual
    basically between pages 7 and 33, and verify settings.

    Plan on clearing your CMOS (page 14) first to reset your system

    Verify your JP3 jumper is on pins 1 and 2 (page 15)

    This board defaults to a PCI video card (page 22).

    Check your boot sequence and make sure it supports what you are tryin
    to do (page 23)

    Are you booting to the XP cd, or trying to install over what yo
    already have

    Also, your SATA setup concerns me. Is that a Maxtor drive and did yo
    have it set up as SATA previously?

    Also, it is odd but the single most common failure for me when
    upgrade is the CD-ROM drive. I lose one every time I upgrade (bu
    this is anecdotal, not scientific).

    I am sure at least two other very qualified people will post soon. I
    might take a couple of days to troubleshoot, so hang in there

    Guy, Dec 15, 2005