Re: Chaintech CT-7NJL6 Locks up

Discussion in 'Chaintech' started by thedreaming, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. thedreaming

    thedreaming Guest

    > Guywrote
    Try switching the IDE drive to the IDE 1 channel (instead of IDE 0)
    and see if you can boot to the SATA drive.

    > Good Luck

    I got a lockup when I was just running the 30g maxtor last night.
    also got a lockup with only the 160g maxtor SATA and I got a locku
    with both 30g and 160g together regardless of which port they wer
    in, but I did manage to get the system not to lockup with bot
    drives, but since I wanted to phase out the 30g, I only have the 160
    maxtor SATA in SATA1 for now.

    I had to dial back the FSB from 166 to 133 which to me means that m
    cpu needs to be replaced. It's the same cpu I used on my previou
    board and I got the same type of lockup with that one two and righ
    now the only things that are old is the cpu, it's heatsink/fan an
    the power supply

    Should I try other things first before shelling out the money for
    new cpu or just bite the bullet and upgrade to something a littl
    faster

    Can an amd athlon xp 3000+ and a 1g of pc2700 get along or do I hav
    to upgrade the memory too
    thedreaming, Dec 19, 2005