Re: Dell Studio XPS 8000 Computer Memory

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Ant, Apr 28, 2011.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    > > Hi, I want the full details of Dell Studio XPS 8000 Computer Memory

    > You can upgrade upto 16GB with 0MB non-removable base memory and 4
    > memory slots

    > Machine name: Dell Studio XPS 8000
    > CPU options:
    > - Intel Core i5 Processor
    > - Intel Core i7 Processor
    > Chipset: Intel P55 Chipset
    > HD Bus: Serial ATA (7200rpm)
    > Front Side Bus options:
    > Memory Speed options: PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 240pin SDRAM DIMM

    Others and I would like to add more free memory to our Dell Studio XPS
    8000 Desktops (manufactured on 2009-11-14) that currently have 3 GB of
    RAM and 64-bit Windows 7 HP. Will adding 1, 2, or 4 (most likely) GB be
    any problems from Dell's memory upgrades as shown on
    http://search.dell.com/results.aspx...ra=False&~srd=False&ipsys=False&advsrch=False
    ? This would be added to the current 3 GB into the empty memory slot #4.
    I read a forum thread that people had problems seeing all the installed
    RAM and had to replace motherboards/mobos., swap memories, etc.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    Quote of the Week: "The foreign policy aim of ants can be summed up as
    follows: restless aggression, territorial conquest, and genocidal

    Ant, Apr 28, 2011