Re: Does ieee-1394 have to be enabled on a A7v8x?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by AJ, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. AJ

    AJ Guest

    >Just installed a RMA'ed A7v8x and the firewire port doesn't work. I never
    >had a firewire device before so I never tried it on the old board. The
    >camcorder works on my A7v333 so the camera isn't the problem.
    >
    >The A7v333 has a jumper to enable the firewire connector, but I can't find
    >anything in the A7v8x manual about enabling the jumper on it. Did I miss
    >it, or do I need to Re RMA the board?
    >
    >Thanks, Tom

    Just checked my device manager and it's listed there. I didn't do any
    enabling but believe I did install the drivers off the CD. Win98SE
    When your PC gives a little they give alot:
    http://tinyurl.com/hhez
    AJ, Aug 2, 2003