Re: Dual Displays

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by Dave, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Many thanks, Michael; I'll attack HP and see if it gets me anywhere;
    otherwise I may just have to set up a rather tortuous dual-boot system

    Dave

    "Michael Geary" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP does support dual monitors the way you want, but it would be up
    > to HP to provide a driver that adds this support. Unfortunately, they

    don't
    > appear to have one:
    >
    > http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Armada/us/locate/64_1008.html
    >
    > By way of comparison, we're using a ThinkPad A21p at our church with
    > EasyWorship. The A21p originally did not support dual monitors under

    Windows
    > XP, but IBM came out with a driver update last year that supports them.

    (Not
    > that this helps you, but it helps illustrate the issue.)
    >
    > I would lean on HP for a driver update, but in the meantime you may have

    > -Mike
    >
    > "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > > I have recently acquired a Compaq Armada M300 laptop with an ATI 3D RAGE

    > LT
    > > PRO display adapter.
    > > It had Win 98 on it so I upgraded it to Win XP Pro.
    > > I want to run it with dual monitors so I can have one output screen

    > display
    > > on the laptop and different display on the Monitor.
    > > This is all for video projection for my Church (using "Presentation

    > Manager
    > > 5.06")
    > >
    > > I can get the SAME picture on both screens but not two different ones.
    > >
    > > With Win 98 it is possible to set up the display as I want.
    > >
    > > However using the "great leap forward" represented buy WinXP this

    facility

    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q296/5/38.ASP&NoWebContent=1