Re: E2180 vs Q6600 vs E8400 (gaming)

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Stephen Parnicky, Jun 11, 2008.

  1. I can vouche for the Q6600. I've got mine running at 3.4 GHz and run Crysis
    full settings on HD 3870 full settings in Crysis, at relatively good speed.
    It is full speed for the gameplay, but as for video there is some
    stuttering. Other games run full speed with full settings also. I say go
    for the extra cores. The Q6600 is still Overclockable to upto around 3.6
    and upwards with watercooling. A 1 GHz overclock with a fan that cost me 50
    dollars. I just basically made my computer futureproof for the newer games.

    Stephen Parnicky, Jun 11, 2008