Re: Embedded Basic interpreter recommendations?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by -jg, Mar 9, 2009.

  1. -jg

    -jg Guest

    > My intended target is the STM32 which probably has enough RAM for small
    > programs.  My intent is to create an embedded controller board with a serial
    > port that will expose a Basic interpreter/monitor to a terminal emulator.
    > The user will be able to interactively enter numbered program lines,
    > save/load the program to/from flash, execute the program, and run Basic
    > commands in immediate mode (non-numbered lines).  It's meant to be a tool
    > for interactive experimentation of embedded concepts by non-programmer
    > types.  I suppose it's much like a Basic Stamp.

    If this uses a Terminal, then another angle would be something like
    the
    original TurboPascal, which IIRC was just 39K for compiler+editor.
    Of course, that was mostly x86 ASM, and not open source, but
    does give a performance/size reference point.

    -jg

    -jg, Mar 9, 2009