Re: Embedded Basic interpreter recommendations?

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by -jg, Apr 9, 2009.

  1. -jg

    -jg Guest

    On Apr 8, 11:10 pm, "rtestardi" <> wrote:
    > StickOS BASIC allows you to define "pin variables" that are bound to pins
    > that can be configured for digital I/O, analog I/O, frequency or servo
    > output, etc., and then as you examine or manipulate those variables, the
    > pins are correspondingly affected.  You can manipulate pins and peripherals
    > interactively at the command line as well as programmatically in a BASIC
    > program.
    >
    > Full details on StickOS (and downloads for 11 MCUs, from 8-bit to 32-bit)
    > are on the web at:http://www.cpustick.com/index.htm

    Interesting package
    It says free download, and does not mention restrictions ?

    Is this compatible with any PC Basics,
    (eg FreeBASIC, or OpenOffice.org Basic, which has a nice IDE )

    - that would allow users to test algorithms in a PC environment, and
    code
    a PC end in a similar language...
    -jg

    -jg, Apr 9, 2009

  2. -jg

    -jg Guest

    On Apr 9, 2:42 pm, "rtestardi" <> wrote:

    > Feedback would definitely be appreciated, though, if you do anything
    > significant with it -- it is still changing radically month-to-month, with
    > new ports all the time (it's now a toss-up between PIC24 and STM32 for the
    > next one).

    One suggestion would be to add a SIZE column to your MCU's page ?

    Be interesting to see how large the StickOS is, on the various cores
    (or two Size columns, if there is a minimalist / full feature option?)

    > >Is this compatible with any PC Basics,

    > You can run it on your PC just by loading up the StickOS for Windows
    > software simulation from the Downloads page -- that's how we do all our
    > automated testing, so it's a fine way to test algorithms, etc.  Obviously
    > pin and peripheral functionality doesn't work on the PC -- it's a very
    > simple port of the guts of the BASIC.

    Perhaps some 'pins' could be added via the parallel port ?
    Does that PC simulation include Step/Watch debug features ?

    -jg

    -jg, Apr 9, 2009