Re: Enable XFree86-DRI Extension [Fedora Core 1] [Matrox MillenniumG200 PCI]

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by jzilla, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. jzilla

    jzilla Guest

    Ben Measures wrote:
    > jzilla wrote:
    >
    >> jzilla wrote:
    >> >

    >>> When I run glxinfo, I get the following.

    >>> I'm trying to load it in /etc/X11/XFree86Config

    > Try
    > Load "mga_dri"
    > instead.

    (II) LoadModule: "mga_dri"
    (WW) Warning, couldn't open module mga_dri
    (II) UnloadModule: "mga_dri"
    (EE) Failed to load module "mga_dri" (module does not exist, 0)

    When it says 'module' does that include shared object files? I had
    assumed that /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/mga_dri.so was the 'module' and
    that XFree86 found it by scanning /usr/X11R6/lib/modules.

    Do I need to provide a module -> .so map somewhere?
    jzilla, Feb 5, 2004

  2. jzilla

    jzilla Guest

    jzilla wrote:

> [...]

    It turns out that while XFree86.org lists "Matrox G200" as a supported
    device for DRI, /var/log/XFree86.0.log says only the AGP version is
    supported.

    (EE) MGA(0): [drm] Direct rendering only supported with G200/G400/G550 AGP
    jzilla, Feb 6, 2004