Re: FA: ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i socket 775 motherboard NIB

Discussion in 'Overclocking' started by Same Guy, Feb 12, 2008.

  1. Same Guy

    Same Guy Guest

    The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department at
    google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.

    Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:32:06 -0800 (PST): written by CL
    <>:

    >From: CL <>
    >Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, alt.comp.hardware,
    > alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
    >Subject: FA: ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i socket 775 motherboard NIB
    >Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:32:06 -0800 (PST)
    >
    >Item: ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i socket 775 motherboard NIB
    >Condition: Brand New. Never Used.
    >No Reserve. (SEE DESCRIPTION ON eBay FOR MORE DETAILS)
    >
    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280199908493
    >Bidding ends Sunday, Feb-17-08 18:45:00 PM PST

    1. Advertising

  2. GT

    GT Guest

    "Same Guy" <> wrote in message
    > The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    > alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department at
    > google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.

    Why do want your account to be disabled? Why have you posted this message
    and what does it relate to?

    1. Advertising

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Same Guy" typed:
    > The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    > alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department at
    > google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.

    LOL!! Your first time complaining to Google groups I take it?

    They send you a form email saying they're not responsible for what their
    users post. You can escalate it if you want but you just get different form
    emails each time until you reach a dead end.

    No real person ever reads your complaint AFAICT.
    --
    Shaun.

  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarweb "Same Guy" typed:
    >> The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    >> alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department at
    >> google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.

    > LOL!! Your first time complaining to Google groups I take it?
    >
    > They send you a form email saying they're not responsible for what their
    > users post. You can escalate it if you want but you just get different form
    > emails each time until you reach a dead end.
    >
    > No real person ever reads your complaint AFAICT.

    Ebay has some rules too, concerning USENET postings.

    http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    Paul

  5. On 2008-02-14, Paul <> wrote:

    > Ebay has some rules too, concerning USENET postings.
    >
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    The problem is that all the groups this was posted to are alt.*
    groups meaning that they have no charter of any authority. The
    group where I am reading this is alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt whose
    FAQ is basically an informal charter but it does not have formal
    charter status. In any case the FAQ is long since out of date and
    doesn't reflect the current usage of the group.

    Put simply, the way I read ebay's policy is meaningless for alt.*
    groups as there is no way any post can be considered clearly
    inappropriate.

    --
    Andrew Smallshaw

  6. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > "Same Guy" typed:
    >
    >> The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    >> alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department
    >> at google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.

    > LOL!! Your first time complaining to Google groups I take it?
    >
    > They send you a form email saying they're not responsible for what
    > their users post. You can escalate it if you want but you just get
    > different form emails each time until you reach a dead end.
    >
    > No real person ever reads your complaint AFAICT.

    However, strictly speaking, they ARE responsible for what THEIR
    users do. The proper solution is to disable such contravening
    accounts, possibly after failure to conform. I also believe in
    Santa Claus.

    Try the download section.

  7. Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Same Guy' wrote:
    | The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    | alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department at
    | google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.
    _____

    Interesting. My news server blocked the original post as spam. So all I
    see is the complaints. Including the voice crying in the wilderness with
    the forlorn hope that ANYONE would lose an ISP account over posting a
    marginally inappropriate message. As if Google were even marginally
    interested in abuse complaints.

    Phil Weldon

    "Same Guy" <> wrote in message

    | Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:32:06 -0800 (PST): written by CL
    | <>:

    | >From: CL <>
    | >Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, alt.comp.hardware,
    | > alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
    | >Subject: FA: ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i socket 775 motherboard NIB
    | >Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:32:06 -0800 (PST)
    | >
    | >Item: ASUS P5N32-E SLI nForce 680i socket 775 motherboard NIB
    | >Condition: Brand New. Never Used.
    | >No Reserve. (SEE DESCRIPTION ON eBay FOR MORE DETAILS)
    | >
    | >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280199908493
    | >Bidding ends Sunday, Feb-17-08 18:45:00 PM PST

  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "Paul" typed:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarweb "Same Guy" typed:
    >>> The posting of auctions or items for sale is off-topic in
    >>> alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt, so I've CC'ed the abuse department at
    >>> google groups and hopefully they will disable this account.

    >> LOL!! Your first time complaining to Google groups I take it?
    >>
    >> They send you a form email saying they're not responsible for what
    >> their users post. You can escalate it if you want but you just get
    >> different form emails each time until you reach a dead end.
    >>
    >> No real person ever reads your complaint AFAICT.

    > Ebay has some rules too, concerning USENET postings.
    >
    > http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

    Hmmm. *That* could be a more productive path. However I find any
    organisation with a vested interest tends to err on the side of profit.
    --
    Shaun.