Re: Fanless (passive) video card

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Paul, Sep 21, 2009.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > I'm after the best fanless (passive) video card I can get to go in my new
    > MSI GD65 motherboard, I'm not much of a gamer so passive if fine for me.
    > Nowadays they all see to come with fans, so does anyone know last card that
    > came with heatsink only, I know I'm in nvidia group but also asking the same
    > question in ati group as once I know latest nvidia & ait then I can work out
    > which would be best, hope my post makes some sense

    I assume the motherboard model is P55-GD65 ? (PCI Express)

    You can search using the Newegg video card advanced search, and specify
    "no fan". That will speed up your search a bit. Here is a 9400GT for
    example, without a fan.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814187037

    This would be an example at the other extreme. A fanless 9800GT card for $130.
    I might place a case fan next to this, to keep the temperature down.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16814125282

    Paul
    Paul, Sep 21, 2009

  2. Paul