Re: Gateway mx6426 lcd display

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by BillW50, Apr 15, 2009.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    nick2498 typed on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 02:08:48 -0500:
    > I have been working on a friends laptop in which the LCD display does
    > not work. In the process of trying to fix the problem I have replaced
    > the LCD screen, the inverter board and the LCD harness (flex cable)
    > and I still get no display. I can plug the laptop into an external
    > monitor and it works fine so the computer itself is okay, just no
    > display. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what else to do. Can
    > someone there suggest anything?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Nick

    Hi Nick! Well two things come to mind.

    1) If you use a flashlight or a strong light, if it is a backlight
    problem... you should see the display very faintly. Things in white will
    be easier to see. If you can see it, sounds like the lid switch is
    stuck.

    2) It is still possible I have heard to have a bad video card even if an
    external monitor works. This model, I don't know if it has a separate
    video card from the motherboard or not.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2