Re: Gateway MX6625

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by BillW50, May 19, 2009.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    garcia1615 typed on Mon, 18 May 2009 18:04:47 -0500:
    > My laptop crashed so i used my recovery disk and got it up and running
    > again but now it does not recognize blank DVDs as DVDs it thinks they
    > are CDs and it wont let me burn anything on to them because of this i
    > looked on the the recovery disk itself to see if there was any drivers
    > that didnt make it onto my laptop but this was not the case so then i
    > went to the gateway website and looked there and with no luck if any
    > one could help me out i would be forever greatful
    >
    > Gateway MX6625
    > Windows XP Home SP3

    Did your laptop come with Nero to burn DVDs? Does Nero see it as a DVD
    burner? Under Device Manager, what drivers is it using? Like mine is
    using the following:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\imapi.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\redbook.sys
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\storprop.dll

    These are stock generic Microsoft CD/DVD drivers. Most systems I see
    uses them.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2