    I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working fine till now. So according to my experience i'm suggesting buying a refurbished laptop is fine.
    Consider other brands also like dell etc. One thing you have to keep in mind that to ask warranty and service after sales. There are many good computer stores are there like http://www.merkamericaco.com/ etc. Good Luck.

    , Jul 19, 2012

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working fine till now.
    > So according to my
    > experience i'm suggesting buying a refurbished laptop is fine.
    > Consider other brands also like dell etc. One thing you have to keep in
    > mind that to
    > ask warranty and service after sales.

    Beware Gateway. This (generally good) brand refurbishes laptops
    and then markets them through resellers. Retail buyers may register
    ownership with Gateway (as preinstalled software suggests) and
    later find that Gateway provides no warranty or service.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Jul 19, 2012

  3. BillW50 Guest

    On 7/19/2012 8:36 AM, Don Phillipson wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >> I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working fine till now.
    >> So according to my
    >> experience i'm suggesting buying a refurbished laptop is fine.
    >> Consider other brands also like dell etc. One thing you have to keep in
    >> mind that to
    >> ask warranty and service after sales.

    > Beware Gateway. This (generally good) brand refurbishes laptops
    > and then markets them through resellers. Retail buyers may register
    > ownership with Gateway (as preinstalled software suggests) and
    > later find that Gateway provides no warranty or service.

    All of the manufactures unload refurbs through discount stores and offer
    no warranty. Dell even sued TigerDirect over this issue.

    http://www.channelinsider.com/c/a/D...t-against-Former-Reseller-TigerDirect-295851/

    And let's say you bought a brand new computer with a Seagate drive. And
    let's say the drive failed. Seagate won't honor the warranty. They say
    the computer manufacture is responsible for the warranty. Seagate like
    others will only honor retail drives and not OEM drives.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v12

    BillW50, Jul 19, 2012
  4. On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, wrote:

    > Hi Daniel, I'm using refurbished laptop for two years, It is working
    > fine till now. So according to my experience i'm suggesting buying a
    > refurbished laptop is fine. Consider other brands also like dell etc.
    > One thing you have to keep in mind that to ask warranty and service
    > after sales. There are many good computer stores are there like

    Chances are good this is spam. The original post is from March 2002.
    Another idiot responding to an old post via google.

    But the very wording, and the pointer to a website, suggests this guy is
    hoping to lure some business his way.

    Michael

    Michael Black, Jul 19, 2012