Re: GTS250 and Motocross Madness 2

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Tony Neville, Jan 10, 2011.

  1. Tony Neville

    Tony Neville Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > This is a game that I enjoyed running for many years, with many add-in
    > tracks, etc. It worked GREAT on my Dell 610 machine but now on the
    > Dell 670 with nHancer installed, it works terrible with badly dithered
    > skies and freeze-ups, etc.
    >
    > What do I need to set in the GTS250 driver to make this game work?
    > It's code from around 2001 when Win2k was around.

    My PC is running Win 7 64-bit and has a GTX 295. I installed the trial
    version of MM2 and the appearance was exactly as you describe. The game
    looks crap because for some reason MM2 employees software rendering on PCs
    with greater than 2GB of RAM. The fix is to first uninstall the game along
    with saved games using MM2's own installer package. Run msconfig, click the
    Boot tab, click Advanced Options, tick Maximum Memory, type in 2048. Reboot
    with that setting and then reinstall the game. You'll notice that this time
    when you go to play the game you'll be asked to select between Software
    Rendering and your GTS 250.

    Works good, now.

    Tony.
    --