Re: How to Remove Menu Bar Airport Icon?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Michelle Steiner, Jun 23, 2009.

  1. In article <>,
    Madwen <> wrote:

    > When I migrated my settings from my Quicksilver to my Mac Pro, the
    > icon that normally indicates the degree of Airport connection was
    > transferred over. I'm using Ethernet on the new Mac but I can seem
    > to find a way to get rid of the Airport icon since there is no
    > Airport card in the Pro. Am I just stuck with it taking up space in
    > my menu bar?

    Command-drag it off the menu bar.

    --
    Member National Rifle Association
    Member American Civil Liberties Union

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 23, 2009

  2. In article <>,
    Michelle Steiner <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Madwen <> wrote:
    >
    > > When I migrated my settings from my Quicksilver to my Mac Pro, the
    > > icon that normally indicates the degree of Airport connection was
    > > transferred over. I'm using Ethernet on the new Mac but I can seem
    > > to find a way to get rid of the Airport icon since there is no
    > > Airport card in the Pro. Am I just stuck with it taking up space in
    > > my menu bar?

    > Command-drag it off the menu bar.

    Or go into Preferences-->Networks and select the Airport adapter and
    deselect 'show airport....'

    Lloyd Parsons, Jun 23, 2009

  3. Michelle Steiner

    Gerry Guest

    In article <>,
    Madwen <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Lloyd Parsons <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <>,
    > > Michelle Steiner <> wrote:

    > > > Command-drag it off the menu bar.

    > > Or go into Preferences-->Networks and select the Airport adapter and
    > > deselect 'show airport....'

    > Network prefs was the first thing I tried. Airport does not seem to
    > show when you don't have an Airport card. Like I said, I'm using
    > Ethernet. Command-drag worked great OTOH. Thx.

    What model Mac Pro are you using? My old G4 1.25 GHz PowerBook came with
    an Airport card, I would be surprised that a newer and Pro version
    wouldn't have the Airport capability.

    Gerry, Jun 23, 2009
  4. In article <>,
    Gerry <> wrote:

    > What model Mac Pro are you using?

    In her original message (which was included in what you quoted), she
    wrote that it is a Mac Pro. It is optional in the Mac Pro.

    Michelle Steiner, Jun 23, 2009