Re: How to send a fax with a mac

Discussion in 'Apple' started by jt august, May 22, 2009.

  1. jt august

    jt august Guest

    In article <1242977758.602748@rumba>,
    Konstantinos Agouros <> wrote:

    > my old powerbook had a built in modem that one could use to send faxes. Now
    > with the MacBook Pro that's no longer included. If I connect my nokia-phone
    > via USB-Cable it shows up as fax in the Print&Fax Dialogue in System
    > preferences, but this does not seem to work. So anybody has a suggestion
    > how I can get back to fax capability?

    My solution is backwards compatibility with a twist. I have an old
    Beige G3 with Jag. I print to pdf (b/w) and network it to the G3, and
    from Adobe reader I print to fax. Honestly, though, e-mail has all but
    replaced fax for my needs. I have only had to fax out one thing in the
    last two years, and fax in I can route through work and pick up there
    (my employer allow this, so I am set on that).

    jt
    jt august, May 22, 2009