Re: I Think My GTX280 have problem

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Sep 27, 2009.

  1. Take a picture of your case, preferably inside so we can see if you had
    enough ventilation in case... me curious about that ! ;)

    Also these latest graphics cards seem to have plastic wrappers around
    then... like a plastic case...

    Me wonders about that... is that a good thing or bad thing ?

    My initial though is:

    1. Bad it prevents heat from going away.

    but

    2. It might also create a tunnel effect...

    but I think I already have a tunnel effect in my pc... so the plastic might
    not be needed... not sure though...

    I hope these graphics cards builders known what their doing...

    From your post this raises doubts ! ;)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 27, 2009

  2. Skybuck Flying

    timelord Guest

    That picture on the link is exatly the same effect i was getting when i had
    a failing 7800GS AGP card. I had it warranty exchanged and it sorted the
    problem.

    Phil.

    timelord, Sep 30, 2009

  3. "Qfox" <> wrote in message

    > so i just Go n buy new one .. cos warrenty time has ben expirad

    Sounds kinda surprising to me... how much warranty time did you get for the
    card ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Oct 3, 2009
  4. Skybuck Flying

    trodas

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Location:
    Czech republic
    Some claim "lifelong" warranty, as BFG, but the fact is, that since their card turned DOA, they refuse to answer my RMA requests... So much for "lifelong". Perhaps that is valid only for USA residents, while my card was bought in US, yet used in Europe... :eek:

    trodas, Oct 6, 2009