Re: IBM T42 Thinkpad Output Voltage on battery pins

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by CBFalconer, May 14, 2009.

  1. CBFalconer

    CBFalconer Guest

    Pete Ricksecker wrote:

    > Anyone know what the output voltage should be on the batter pins
    > of an IBM T42 Thinkpad?
    >
    > Have tried two batteries, one sold as tested good. Neither will
    > charge.

    Please don't multi-post. A cross-post gets the same exposure, but
    avoids reading multiple times, and multiple transmissions. See
    what I did to this one.

    Try the download section.

    1. Advertising

  2. Horst Franke

    Horst Franke Guest

    In news: Pete Ricksecker
    wrote:

    > WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is everyone crazy here? Just trying to get an
    > answere to a question and get all this BS!

    No Pete,
    but you may have looked by yourself on the Lenovo/IBM pages!
    Horst

    1. Advertising

  3. Horst Franke

    Horst Franke Guest

    In news: Pete Ricksecker
    wrote:

    > Horst Franke wrote:
    >> No Pete,
    >> but you may have looked by yourself on the Lenovo/IBM pages!
    >> Horst

    > I did! Zip, Zilch, Nada. Need I say more. Have you ever seen
    > IBM/Lenovo post any technical data such as motherboard schematics?

    Oh yes! Lenovo overtook the IBM pages!
    And there are lots of technical data - e.g for the T42:

    http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/...pleSiteSearch?v=15&lang=en&cc=us&en=utf&q=T42
    with about 2173 hits.

    There are batteries at "10,8 V DC output" with 6 or 9 cells versions.
    You should take the Lenovo/IBM FRU (partnumber) and look for compatibles.

    But may be you only asked for the output voltage of 10,8 V DC? See
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-50071

    Horst