Re: Is it possible to use hp jetdirect 175x with hp laserjet 1006?

Discussion in 'HP' started by Warren Block, Feb 13, 2010.

  1. Warren Block

    Warren Block Guest

    Daniel Hannaske <> wrote:

    > my old hp laserjet 1200 is broken. :( Now I want to buy a new laserjet.
    > At the moment the printer is connected with hp jetdirect 175x (fast
    > ethernet adapter in which the printer is plugged by usb) on my home
    > network.
    >
    > Because I want to print via ethernet in future too, I'm searching for a
    > new hp laserjet which is compatible with the hp jetdirect 175x.
    > Unfortunately, I didn't found useful informations on the hp website.
    >
    > Myself, I want to buy the hp laserjet 1006. Has anybody informations
    > about the interoperability? I guess it should work. But I'm not sure.

    The 1006 is host-based, and that's quite a step down from the LJ1200.
    It might work with the 175X JetDirect, but is not in the compatible
    list:

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpj06867

    HP has a separate USB print server, the Q6275A, that is claimed to work
    with the LJ P1006:

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...55&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3368781&lang=en

    But odds are good that you can get a better printer than the 1006 for
    less money, and possibly with Ethernet already built in:

    http://wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/usedlasers.pdf

    Warren Block, Feb 13, 2010