  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    fritzlovesmary typed on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:31:28 -0600:
    > i tried an external keyboard and that works just fine...

    Oh that isn't good! The support chip for the keyboard on the motherboard
    is bad. The logical choice is to replace the motherboard.

    --
    Bill
    2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

    BillW50, Feb 11, 2009

  2. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In news:,
    fritzlovesmary typed on Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:31:52 -0600:
    > thanks for your answer, Bill.
    > i don't think i'll replace the motherboard, since the laptop is about
    > 3 or 4 years old already - i just have to get used to using the
    > external keyboard for now and then get a new laptop one day.
    > thanks again
    >
    > fritz

    You're welcome and that is what I would do unless I found one really
    cheap like on eBay or something.

    BillW50, Feb 13, 2009

  3. BillW50

    Ben Myers Guest

    fritzlovesmary wrote:
    > could the re-installation of the operating system do any good?
    >
    > fritz

    Highly unlikely. This sounds very much like a hardware malfunction.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 15, 2009