Re: Lenovo 3000 N200 processor upgradeable?

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Adrian C, Apr 6, 2009.

  1. Adrian C

    Adrian C Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've got a Celeron single core based Lenovo 3000 N200, and
    > I love this laptop and would hate to sell it to get dual-core.
    > Does anyone know, is the CPU by chance on a daughter card or socketed
    > such that I could upgrade it to dual-core? Has anyone here
    > tried such an upgrade?

    I'd say a fairly good chance you can do this.

    Go to the support section of Lenovo and find the hardware maintenance
    manual for your laptop.

    For the Lenovo 3000 N200 (type 0687) it's here.
    <http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-67857>

    The CPU is socketed. The following CPU choices are stated as possible in
    the specifications.

    Intel Celeron M processor 540 (1.86 GHz), 1â€MB L2
    cache (533 MHz)
    · Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7100 (1.8GHz), 2â€MB L2
    cache (800 MHz)
    · Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7300 (2.0 GHz), 4â€MB L2
    cache (800 MHz)
    · Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7500 (2.2 GHz), 4â€MB L2
    cache (800 MHz)
    · Intel Celeron processor 530 (1.73GHz 533MHz 1MB L2)
    · Intel Celeron processor 550 (2.0GHz 533MHz 1MB L2)
    · Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5550 (1.83GHz 667MHz 2MBL2)
    · Intel Core 2 Duo processor T2330 (1.6GHz 533MHz 1MB L2)
    · Intel Core 2 Duo processor T2310 (1.46GHz 533MHz 1MBL2)

    Make sure you follow precautions on safe ESD handling and screw
    tightness when doing the operations!

    --
    Adrian C

    Adrian C, Apr 6, 2009