Re: Lenovo Thinkpad R32 Modem????

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by John Navas, Apr 17, 2007.

  1. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:06:44 -1000, Joseph Fenn <> wrote
    in <>:

    >I wonder if my Thinkpad R32 has abuilt in modem or not. I dont use
    >it yet on the interenet, and I dont have a manual so dont know for
    >sure. There is a slot for some kind of a card on the Left side just
    >behind the Ph and MIC jacks but its empty. I assume it would have
    >a modem internal somewhere if I can find a telco plug to plug
    >into the backside of the laptop. It has what appears to be a regular
    >telco type plug receptacle on the back of the computer which leads
    >me to think there is a modem somwhere in it.

    1. Check the configuration of your exact model on the Lenovo web site.
    2. Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual & check your configuration.

    --
    Best regards,
    John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>

    John Navas, Apr 17, 2007

  2. John Navas

    Ernie B. Guest

    On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:06:40 -1000 Joseph Fenn wrote:

    > > 1. Check the configuration of your exact model on the Lenovo web site.
    > > 2. Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual & check your configuration.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Best regards,
    > > John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>
    > >

    > John,
    > I tried that url and it says unable to connect to it so must be
    > invalid
    > Joe

    I connected to it with no problems.
    --
    Ernie B.

    Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another, hopefully
    without distortion.

    Ernie B., Apr 17, 2007

  3. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:37:38 GMT, Ernie B.
    <ebaresch_REMOVE_@cox._THIS_net> wrote in
    <MPG.208e7b95d6d0f9a398b163@127.0.0.1>:

    >On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:06:40 -1000 Joseph Fenn wrote:
    >

    >> > 1. Check the configuration of your exact model on the Lenovo web site.
    >> > 2. Download the Hardware Maintenance Manual & check your configuration.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Best regards,
    >> > John Navas <http:/navasgroup.com>
    >> >

    >> John,
    >> I tried that url and it says unable to connect to it so must be
    >> invalid

    >I connected to it with no problems.

    Likewise.

    John Navas, Apr 17, 2007
  4. Joseph Fenn <> wrote:
    > John,
    > I tried that url and it says unable to connect to it so must be
    > invalid

    Ok, let's try a different approach. Get a linux live-cd, like knoppix.
    Boot it. Open a terminal (sometimes called konsole, console, xterm or
    shell); and entry vor this can be found somewhere in the menu. Type
    'lspci'. Hit Return. If any line of the output contains the word
    'Modem', you have one. If not, you don't.

    Daniel
    --
    Imagine a fearsomely comprehensive disclaimer of liability.
    Now fear, comprehensively.

    Daniel Skorka, Apr 17, 2007
  5. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 07:58:20 -1000, Joseph Fenn <> wrote
    in <>:

    >> I connected to it with no problems.

    >> Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another, hopefully
    >> without distortion.

    >Well just tried your URL again Ernie B. and it immediately rejected
    >3 times I tried so something is wrong somewhere.

    It's actually my URL, and is working fine, so the problem is either in
    your configuration or with your ISP.

    John Navas, Apr 17, 2007
  6. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:34:06 -1000, Joseph Fenn <> wrote
    in <>:

    >Well you do have a problem as that URL (highlishted) is as we say
    >in Hawaii kapulu. We are both on the same internet and it just
    >hits the target once and says "unable connect" with it.

    Correction:
    I don't have a problem.
    You have a problem.

    John Navas, Apr 18, 2007