Re: Looking for Gateway audio driver for 1969

Discussion in 'Gateway' started by SC Tom, Aug 9, 2010.

  1. SC Tom

    SC Tom Guest

    "kj6ko" <> wrote in message

    > I have a professional series Gateway 733 PIII that has had XP re-loaded
    > on it and it aparently has the wrong driver for the ESS 1969 PCi
    > Audiodrive Audio board as it shows nothing in the incoming audio control
    > or driver section. The Line In and MIC inputs have NO controls. I have
    > seen this exact problem with other Gateways on another forum, but it was
    > an old post and the Japanese site that was listed for the driver is no
    > longer. The Gateway site is no help and NO, I don't have the original
    > disk for the PC. The driver update just loads a newer version of the
    > one that doesn't work, and still doesn't work. The "Line In" works, but
    > I have NO control over it.
    > In Control Panel under Sounds and Audio Devices, under Audio, there
    > is NOTHING listed under "Line In" default device and nothing avail in
    > the pull down. Playback shows the ESS 1969.
    >
    > Any help??
    >
    > Thanks...
    > :confused::confused:

    Try this and see if it's the one you need:
    http://www.updrivers.com/drivers/Sound_Card/ESS/ES_1969-Windows_XP/20101.html

    Watch which Download button you press. The one you want is about 2/3 of the
    way down the page. (I hate false D/L buttons.)
    --
    SC Tom

    SC Tom, Aug 9, 2010