Re: Losing time when watching videos fullscreen on my old CRT TV.

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ant, Feb 20, 2011.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Weird. It looks like I isolated down to more. It seems like DVI setup
    and has nothing to do with clone fullscreen video on TV. If I use
    DVI+VGA adapter + VGA cables setup through my old four ports OmniCube
    KVM (from Y2K with its cables), then no time losses. This doesn't make
    any sense to me! :( What is different with DVI and VGA cables and its
    connectors+DVI adapter? Does DVI have something to tell my computer's
    timer or something?

    Also, this is with a 19" Samsung 931BF LCD monitor (1280x1024) with both
    DVI and VGA ports on its back. I even tried unplugging VGA cable,
    switching to another DVI cable, and same problem. Ugh.

    FYI, it is not onboard audio since I disabled it, rebooted (required as
    it told me), and played more fullscreen videos to CRT TV.

    On 2/19/2011 8:33 AM PT, Ant typed:

    --
    * <-- Tribble ... *********************** <-- Tribbles imitating ants
    (unknown author)

    Ant, Feb 20, 2011

  2. Ant

    Ant Guest

    http://pastebin.com/nfAG7kt9 for my ATI event logs. I don't know if
    those are good or bad. :(

    On 2/19/2011 4:23 PM PT, Ant typed:

    > Weird. It looks like I isolated down to more. It seems like DVI setup
    > and has nothing to do with clone fullscreen video on TV. If I use
    > DVI+VGA adapter + VGA cables setup through my old four ports OmniCube
    > KVM (from Y2K with its cables), then no time losses. This doesn't make
    > any sense to me! :( What is different with DVI and VGA cables and its
    > connectors+DVI adapter? Does DVI have something to tell my computer's
    > timer or something?
    >
    > Also, this is with a 19" Samsung 931BF LCD monitor (1280x1024) with both
    > DVI and VGA ports on its back. I even tried unplugging VGA cable,
    > switching to another DVI cable, and same problem. Ugh.
    >
    > FYI, it is not onboard audio since I disabled it, rebooted (required as
    > it told me), and played more fullscreen videos to CRT TV.
    >

    > On 2/19/2011 8:33 AM PT, Ant typed:
    >
    >> FYI. In http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1336503410 forum
    >> thread, http://www.thesycon.de/dpclat/dpclat.exe (DPC Latency Checker)
    >> was mentioned so I tried it.
    >>
    >> I started this program with a clone of my desktop to CRT TV (640x480).
    >> Green and low results. Then, I started up a fullscreen MPEG-2 HD video.
    >> Then, things shot up with yellow and red.
    >>
    >> I stopped after a few seconds with enough datas. I exited dpclat.exe and
    >> put my display back to single display to my 19" LCD monitor (1280x1024)
    >> only. I repeated the tests, but they appeared to be similiar:
    >> http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3854/startedplayingmpeg2vide.gif and
    >> http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/3854/startedplayingmpeg2vide.gif ... What
    >> do you think? They look identical to me. The time slow down only happens
    >> in clone display mode with fullscreen videos.
    >>

    >> On 2/17/2011 6:10 AM PT, Ant typed:
    >>
    >>> Hello.
    >>>
    >>> How come my PC/Windows' clock loses a few seconds per minute (seems to
    >>> pause about every four or five seconds for about a half of a second)
    >>> when I use CRT TV clone and watching videos fullscreen on my old 20" CRT
    >>> TV (from 1996)? If I am not watching videos on it or use single display
    >>> mode to my DVI/VGA 19" LCD monitor (1280x1024) with videos, then I have
    >>> no problems.
    >>>
    >>> I used ATI Catalyst suite display drivers (v9.7 and v10.12) to clone to
    >>> my old 20" CRT TV to show videos fullscreen. I am using an old updated
    >>> Windows XP Pro. SP3, 2+ years old ATI Radeon 4870 video card (512 MB of
    >>> RAM), Intel quad-core systems, etc.
    >>>
    >>> What's up with that and how do I fix it? Thank you in advance. :)

    --
    "I'm not a worker ant. I'm like a queen. Or maybe a king. But you never
    hear of king ants." --Sean Bentley

    Ant, Feb 20, 2011