Re: LVDS 18 bit

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Andy, Jul 15, 2010.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    On Jul 13, 1:03 pm, "eladazaria" <elad.azaria@n_o_s_p_a_m.ob-
    tools.com> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have an SBC which transmits 24-bit LVDS.
    > Can i connect to it an 18 bit LCD ?
    > Should i ignore the last bit?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Elad
    >
    > ---------------------------------------
    > Posted throughhttp://www.EmbeddedRelated.com

    There are two formats for the 24-bit LVDS data, one is backwards
    compatible with 18 bit panels (all the color LSB info is on the 4th
    link), the other is not backwards compatible. IIRC the display
    enable, hsync, and vsync are in the same place in both, so you can
    hook it up, and if the colors look very weird, you have the wrong
    style output.

    In here http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/papers/315975.pdf table 3
    and table 5 show the difference.
    Andy, Jul 15, 2010