Re: M2N-SLI Deluxe and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Jack Simmons, Nov 23, 2009.

  1. Jack Simmons

    Jack Simmons Guest

    On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:24:08 -0600, St. Fenix
    <> wrote:

    >Greetings all, I'm quite new here, but have a feeling that of the entire
    >internet so far,
    >
    >people here might actually be able to help me. :)
    >
    >I've been trying to install of copy of Windows 7 Ultimate on an M2N-SLI
    >deluxe motherboard for about a week now, and no matter what I do it
    >refuses to recognize a 250GB Samsung Drive on SATA port 2. I've tried
    >all the windows 7 drivers I could find at Nvidia's site, and extracting
    >the .EXE's to get at the drivers, but I can't for the life of me get
    >Windows 7 to recognize a single one! I've tried Windows ultimate 32,
    >Windows vista 64 and Windows Vista 32, all just trying to see if I could
    >just get it to the loading bar.
    >
    >If anyone has any ideas or managed to get it installed on their
    >motherboard, I would appreciate any words they could share with me, I'm
    >at my wits end with this. :(
    >
    >The specs are:
    >3GB's of RAM at DDR2 800
    >M2N-SLI Deluxe Ailifestyles Motherboard
    >Cooler Master 750 Watt Power Supply
    >Soundblaster Extreme Music Soundcard
    >With an AM2+ Processor that I've yet to indentify. :p (A throwaway from
    >a tournament, so I'm still learning about the thing.)

    I have one of these boards, with 5000+ processor, 8gig ram and 4 sata
    hard drives
    Installed Win7 64bit ultimate last week .. didnt need any drivers not
    on dvd and its all been running fine

    Jack Simmons, Nov 23, 2009