Re: Memory problem w/EP45-UD3P

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by gdp, Feb 5, 2010.

  1. gdp

    gdp Guest

    On 2/4/2010 11:25 AM, Ed Jay wrote:
    > I'm going crazy trying populate my new EP45-UD3P with RAM. I'm trying to
    > use two 2Gb, 1066Mhz memory modules. Every pair I've tried (Crucial,
    > GSkill, Corsair) fails memory test. I finally have it working using two
    > Corsair 2Gb 800Mhz modules, but I'm concerned with its ongoing stability.
    >
    > I read on some forum that this MB doesn't work well with two 2Gb memory
    > modules. Is this correct? Am I forced to go to two 1Gb modules? How about
    > 4 X 1Gb modules? Is there any known workaround?

    I have the same motherboard, ver 1.0, and have a Q9550 with two GSkill
    800 MHz 2GB modules. It's running a distributed computing project that
    is very memory intensive with no errors. I have not tried 2 x 2 GB of
    DDR2 1066 MHz.

    What timings and voltage did you use for those 1066 MHz modules?