Re: Missing drivers for WAN Miniport

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by BillW50, Jan 6, 2012.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    In
    AndyHancock wrote:
    > I have a Toshiba Satellite A660-047 PSAW3C-047017 running Windows 7
    > Professional 64-bit.
    >
    > I just downloaded the ISO for Norton Ghost 15, created the
    > installation CD, installed Ghost, and ran the driver validation from
    > the installation CD. I got the following message:
    >
    >> The following devices do not have drivers in the Symantec Recovery
    >> Disk.
    >>
    >> WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
    >>
    >> A detailed information about these devices is given below
    >>
    >> Description : WAN Miniport (IKEv2)
    >> Class : Net
    >> Class Guid : {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    >> Hardware Id : ms_agilevpnminiport
    >> Hardware Id : MS_AgileVpnMiniport

    > From a bit of googling, it seems it is more of a higher level
    > interface than an actual hardware device. I'm not really sure what
    > it's used for, or how likely I will miss it in the event of a
    > recovery. Is this something I should spend time worrying about right
    > away?
    >
    > The thread
    > http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-problem/f83493ae-8127-47dd-a7b7-7e5b3460b6a6
    > says it's not needed in "most cases" but I was wondering if any
    > exceptions might be encountered during recovery (when I would like to
    > use WiFi to surf and restore my system to non-factory state, as well
    > as to do diagnostics on a possibly bad HDD).

    I am not sure, but I believe that is for VPN connections only. And last
    I heard, Windows doesn't normally come with VPN drivers.

    Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

    --
    Bill
    BillW50, Jan 6, 2012