Re: Missing typing, mouse clicks, mouse movements - Leopard 10.5.1

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Madwen, Nov 27, 2007.

  1. Madwen

    Madwen Guest

    In article <271120070838563907%>,
    Sally Shears <> wrote:

    > I am finding that some of my keyboard/mouse actions are not picked up.
    > That is, I'll start typing and the first character is missed. Some
    > mouse clicks are missed. Moving the mouse (trackpad) doesn't move he
    > cursor for a moment, then everything is all right.

    Perchance, are you running TypeIt4Me and/or CopyPaste?

    Madwen, Nov 27, 2007

  2. Madwen

    Madwen Guest

    In article <271120071155200935%>,
    Sally Shears <> wrote:

    > In article
    > <-sjc.supernews.net>, Madwen
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <271120070838563907%>,
    > > Sally Shears <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am finding that some of my keyboard/mouse actions are not picked up.
    > > > That is, I'll start typing and the first character is missed. Some
    > > > mouse clicks are missed. Moving the mouse (trackpad) doesn't move he
    > > > cursor for a moment, then everything is all right.

    > > Perchance, are you running TypeIt4Me and/or CopyPaste?

    > Nope.

    I asked because those two apps are known not to get along and can cause
    some weird effects like that. I recently had to replace my Apple Pro
    mouse that finally expired after 6 years. Weirdly, I thought I was
    going to have to replace my very new keyboard too because it was just
    not responding at times. I thought maybe the failing mouse had shorted
    out my keyboard. But luckily, I replaced the mouse first and, after a
    shutdown & reboot, the keyboard operation returned to normal. I realize
    you have a trackpad and not a mouse. Perhaps either it or the keyboard
    is failing.

    Madwen, Nov 27, 2007