Re: More fun with Speech Recognition (at least for me) :)

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Wes Groleau, Nov 17, 2009.

  1. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Mark Conrad wrote:
    > I will admit that I probably contributed to the one
    > error by slapping in a different microphone, without
    > creating a new "user profile" for the microphone.

    No question that's the cause.

    It couldn't _possibly_ have any connection
    with the TV playing loudly across the room.

    Don't let anyone, not even Nuance, tell you otherwise.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Film Review: The Blue Butterfly
    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/russell?itemid=1565

    1. Advertising

  2. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Mark Conrad wrote:
    > His voice therefore overwhelms the background loud
    > blaring of the TV, despite how loud the TV appears
    > to sound.

    Except every time you pause to breathe.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    New numbers for next year
    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1495

    1. Advertising

  3. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Mark Conrad wrote:
    > My bad. I forgot to mention that all the common
    > modern speech apps have a "manual" setting which
    > overrides Automatic Volume Control. (AVR)

    I suppose you apply the common argumentative technique
    of defining "modern" as "the set of speech apps which
    have a manual setting."

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Homework Again
    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/russell?itemid=1577

  4. Wes Groleau

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Mark Conrad wrote:

    ,,, that MacSpeech is modern while ViaVoice is not.

    then he described how bad MacSpeech is.

    Thanks, I'll stick with the not-modern. It's apparently better.

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Learning to see the forest instead of the trees.
    http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/WWW?itemid=75

  5. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    Wes Groleau paraphrased Mark Conrad:

    > Mark Conrad wrote:
    >
    > ,,, that MacSpeech is modern while ViaVoice is not.
    >
    > then he described how bad MacSpeech is.

    And then Wes Groleau added:

    > Thanks, I'll stick with the not-modern. It's apparently better.

    I haven't seen Mr. Conrad's posts directly for years :) but I often
    see them second-hand. It would appear that he has become pathologically
    obsessed with MacSpeech.

    Davoud

    you will say in your entire life.

    usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm