Re: Moving my graphics card to the second PCIe slot

Discussion in 'ATI' started by rms, May 23, 2009.

  1. rms

    rms Guest

    > What happens if I move the Graphics card down? The second slot is rated x8
    > rather x16 for operating mode. Is that as bad a performance hit as it
    > sounds.

    Some time ago I recall reading that (back then) current cards didn't use
    much of the x16 bandwidth, so give it a try.

    > Finally does any one know of a good seller of thermal pads, the thick
    > ones.

    Thermal tape is commonly available, but how thick a gap is the question.
    The double-sided sticky ones are still less than 1mm I'm sure. Aftermarket
    coolers often use separate small video ram heatsinks.

    rms
    rms, May 23, 2009