Re: MV43 v3.1 MOBO

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Clark, Sep 28, 2005.

  1. Clark

    Clark Guest

    The CPU fan needs to be connected to the correct connector. Many
    motherboards monitor that fan and some will not even start if it is not
    plugged in to the correct connector. Do you know why the plug does not
    work? If the CPU doesn't think it is being cooled, it might be
    throttled to a lower speed.

    If it isn't that, is the processor a 2.4 C that has an 800MHz FSB? If
    it is and you are running it in a 533 FSB motherboard, it won't run full
    speed. Have you checked to make sure both the memory and CPU are
    correct for that motherboard?

    Is this a new motherboard?

    Clark

    Clark, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Clark

    AaCcEe Guest

    "" wrote:
    > The CPU fan needs to be connected to the correct connector.
    > Many
    > motherboards monitor that fan and some will not even start if
    > it is not
    > plugged in to the correct connector. Do you know why the plug
    > does not
    > work? If the CPU doesn't think it is being cooled, it might
    > be
    > throttled to a lower speed.
    >
    > If it isn't that, is the processor a 2.4 C that has an 800MHz
    > FSB? If
    > it is and you are running it in a 533 FSB motherboard, it
    > won't run full
    > speed. Have you checked to make sure both the memory and CPU
    > are
    > correct for that motherboard?
    >
    > Is this a new motherboard?
    >
    > Clark
    >
    > AaCcEe wrote:
    > > I have a MV43 v3.1 MOBO and it has a p4 2.4 CPU and 512 DDR

    > 333 T
    > >
    > > The computer Starts great runs smooth.
    > > Heres the problem. It reads the CPU and runs it at 1.8 ghz.

    > also the
    > > ram is only showing 224mb..plus the CPU fan is no longer

    > working on
    > > the MOBO so I plugged it into the adapter for my frontpanel

    > fan.
    > >
    > > I have tried getting BIOS updates but nothing works i keep

    > getting the
    > > Error 2 - File does not exist and also I swapped the BIOS

    > battery out
    > > and still no work. the battery wasnt new but it came from my

    > other PC
    > > that works great.
    > >
    > > PLEASE HELP.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    It’s a P4 2.4 533 FSB
    the ram is 2 256 DDR PC2700 333
    MOBO - has no 12 volt power connector - MV43 v3.1
    I’m starting to think this MOBO isnt the right one. so im going to try
    and fix the fan issue and drop a P4 1.6 in it and see what happens

    but can someone please tell me what BIOS update i need cause
    i can’t find anything on the MV43 v3.1 besides it AMI and the current
    version is MV43S004. the updates i tried always give me Error 2 - File
    does not exist.

    thanks

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Shuttle-MV43-v3-MOBO-ftopict62749.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=316027